About our Research
The School of Divinity holds a rich archival collection and has access to many useful research resources.
About our Research
About Research and impact
4 Months Diploma Programmes
Enjoy full Diploma Programmes
Dear Students and Graduates,
The School of Divinity at New College houses a thriving, highly-ranked research community. The School has three strategic priorities in research which are: to promote individual research excellence, to facilitate collaborative and interdisciplinary research, and to support outward engagement.
Divinity at God Embassy focuses on the study of the Christian faith and tradition in the context of its history, institutions and its role today. Whether you have a personal, vocational or intellectual interest in learning more about the Christian faith, or want to explore the world's major religions, God Embassy is the place for you. You will gain, and great transferable skills which open a wide range of career options, in addition to ministry.
What this course is about:
The Diploma of Ministry is perfect for all Christians living for Christ in everyday life. It offers you the opportunity to deepen your love of God and his word as you engage in his world. The Diploma of Ministry has a focus on Practical Theology.
The Diploma in Ministry builds on the Diploma in Theology by enabling students to deepen their understanding of the key theological disciplines of Biblical Studies and Christian Thought and History and in Ministry. This is extended by further study in those disciplines and in the area of practical ministry studies. It may be possible for students to undertake study in a ministry setting as part of the course.
Course learning outcomes
Graduates of the Diploma in Ministry
1. have significant foundational skills for critical study of Christian texts.
2. have skills to articulate and reflect upon foundational theological, scriptural knowledge and apply this to ministry practice.
3. have strong analytical skills allowing them to analyse and communicate sound theological arguments, especially in relation to ministry tasks or worldview perspectives.
4. apply their skills and knowledge to their own and other contexts and traditions through culturally relevant ministry practices.
5. apply their skills and knowledge to the service of others through practical engagement and in contexts such as practical support ministries or cultural and philosophical analysis.
One of the options we offer at Grace Seminary is the opportunity to pursue master’s-level coursework even though one has not received a bachelor’s degree. The Diploma in Ministry provides a quality education in areas of theology, hermeneutics, Bible backgrounds, spiritual formation and prayer, preaching and other pastoral courses, and either Greek or Hebrew.
A minimum of at least two years of college level education is required for admission, unless the requirement is waived by special action of the Admissions Committee. Holders of the Diploma in Ministry who subsequently earn a bachelor’s degree may have their credits applied toward a degree program. After successful completion of the prescribed 78-hour program, a student may be awarded a Diploma in Ministry.
DIPLOMA OF MINISTRY
DISCOVER YOUR FUTURE WITH GETC DEGREE.
COME FOR YOUR INTENSIVE FREE COLLEGE, NO RISK,
NO MONEY, HIGH QUALITY CLASSES, STUDY AT YOUR OWN PACE.